Scholarship Contest Terms and Conditions
These Scholarship Contest Terms and Conditions specify the rules for the iboss [Next Generation Entrepreneur] Scholarship (the “Scholarship”). Applicants for the Scholarship agree their participation in this Scholarship contest is subject to these terms.
- The promoter for the Scholarship is iboss, Inc. (“iboss”).
- This Scholarship contest is open to U.S. nationals or permanent legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age and, as of fall 2019, are full-time college students at a junior or senior level.
- No entry fee or purchase is necessary to enter the Scholarship contest.
- To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must provide a valid working link to a 750 to 1500 word essay, article or written piece that has been published publicly on the Internet via a blog, registered media site or personally owned site/social platform (the “Applicant Publication”). The URL to the Applicant Publication must be submitted along with a fully completed online application form (available at https://www.iboss.com/scholarship). Applicants may write on any topic concerning Digital Entrepreneurship.
- Only one application entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Applications must be submitted on or before July 1, 2019. Any submissions made after that date will not be considered for the Scholarship. iboss bears no responsibility for entries that are not received for whatever reason.
- The prize for the winning application is a $2,500 Scholarship, which the winner may use solely for the payment of school tuition fees. iboss will provide the Scholarship funds to the school that the winner designates, and such funds will be applied against or credited to the winner’s tuition account. It is the winner’s responsibility to verify the designated school’s receipt of the Scholarship funds and notify iboss if such receipt does not occur within thirty (30) days from the issue The Scholarship is not transferable.
- The Scholarship winner will be selected by a panel of iboss-appointed judges, and iboss shall have the sole discretion to determine the winner. iboss reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason, including without limitation: materials not suitable for general public viewing; obscene, lewd or offensive materials; the use of third party content or plagiarized content submitted by the applicant; materials previously used or entered into any other competition; and misrepresentation or fraudulent information submitted by the
- iboss will notify the winner via email at the email address that the winner provides in the application submission. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not accept the Scholarship within ten (10) days of notification, then iboss reserves the right to withdraw the Scholarship from the winner and select an alternative winner.
- The odds of winning the Scholarship depend on the number of entries received.
- To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these terms and conditions, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: iboss, Inc., 101 Federal Street, 23rd Floor, Boston, MA 02110, Attention: General Counsel.
- Each applicant understands and agrees that iboss may post the applicant’s Application Publication to the iboss website at https://www.iboss.com site and otherwise distribute the Application Publication on the Internet. boss shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available the Application Publication or any other application materials that an applicant submits to iboss.
- Each Applicant represents that his/her submission is a work of original authorship created solely by the applicant that does not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, and agrees that iboss will have a perpetual, royalty-free, exclusive, worldwide right and license to use the submission in any
- iboss maintains all authority to revise these terms and conditions without notice in case of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation, or any other event outside of iboss’
- Each applicant releases iboss and its employees and agents from any obligation or claim of any sort or nature for any misfortune, claim, and harms or damage of any sort related to participation in the contest and acknowledgment, ownership or utilization of any
- Any taxes resulting from or attributed to the scholarship are solely the recipient’s
- iboss reserves the right to alter, discontinue or cancel this contest at any time without notice for any reason, including in the event of fewer than 20 applicants.
- This Scholarship contest is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law doctrines. All disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Scholarship contest, shall be resolved exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts that has jurisdiction.
- This Scholarship contest is void where prohibited by law.
Each applicant’s designated institution must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship. All school transfers are subject to accredited approval.